A family dentist addresses oral health at every life stage, including children and teenagers. Family dentists are similar to general dentists, but they usually have more experience treating kids.
By choosing a family dentist like Dr. Paul Anderson, you’ll have the opportunity to build a long-term relationship with your dental care provider. If you have any questions about our family dentist or services, please don’t hesitate to contact our White Bear Lake dental office.
What Do Family Dentists Do?
Family dentists focus on preventive and general dentistry, with the aim of helping patients attain excellent oral health for life. Some of the most common services family dentists offer are:
- Routine exams and cleanings – We recommend patients have regular exams and cleanings every six months to help catch oral conditions––like tooth decay and gingivitis––before they get worse. Checkups also ensure your child’s teeth and jaws are developing correctly.
- Fluoride treatments and sealants – Fluoride treatments and sealants are great ways to prevent cavities, which are very common in children.
- Cavity checks and tooth fillings – Tooth decay may be common, but it’s preventable. Your family dentist can identify and treat cavities with restorative treatments, like dental fillings.
- Orthodontics – At White Bear Smiles, we offer SureSmile clear aligners as a convenient and innovative orthodontic treatment.
- Gum disease prevention and treatment – We offer unique services like periodontal maintenance, scaling and root planing, and more to treat gingivitis and gum disease.
Most family dentists, including White Bear Smiles, also provide restorative and cosmetic dental services. One of our favorite technologies is same-day CEREC crowns. Thanks to this advanced system, we can custom-design, fabricate, and place CEREC crowns in a single day.
Family Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN
Are you looking for a “family dentist near me”? Give us a call at White Bear Smiles! Dr. Paul Anderson is a skilled and compassionate family dentist with years of experience treating children, teens, and adults. You are welcome to call us at (651) 426-8998 or arrange an appointment via our online scheduler.
We look forward to welcoming your family to White Bear Smiles!