All young children should see the dentist for the first time either when they get their first baby tooth or by the time they turn one, whichever comes first.
Beyond your child’s first dental visit, however, you should continue bringing them in for regular dental treatment at least every six months. Children need to see their White Bear Lake dentist several times per year for teeth cleanings and checkups, just like adults do.
You should also bring your child to the dentist if they experience a dental emergency or show signs of needing immediate dental evaluation, such as:
- Pain or tenderness in a tooth
- Pain after eating sweets
- A chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- Inflamed gums, which will look red and feel tender to the touch
- Pressure near the back molars, which could indicate problems with wisdom teeth
- A sports-related injury, such as a knocked-out tooth
- Problems with brackets or wires from their braces
As your children’s dentist in White Bear Lake, we want to be there for your child every step of the way. Whether they need routine dental care or are facing a true tooth emergency, you can schedule an appointment with us any time by calling (651) 426-8998.