Endodontic treatment can take 1, 2, or 3 appointments depending on each case. It is possible to experience any of the following symptoms after any one of these appointments: sensitivity to hot and/or cold; sensitivity to pressure; possible swelling.
- It is difficult to predict which symptoms, if any, you may experience and to what extent. In complicated cases pain medication, and/or antibiotics may be necessary.
- If you experience swelling, call our office; it may be necessary for Dr. Anderson to see you.
- A temporary dental filling may be used to seal the tooth between visits.
- Be gentle on the tooth while eating until the final restoration is placed.
- During endodontic treatment the nerve, blood and nutrient supply to the tooth is removed. This may cause the tooth to become brittle and more prone to fracture. In these cases a full coverage crown restoration (cap) will be recommended to prevent this from happening. If you should have any questions or concerns, please call our office.