At White Bear Smiles, we take a comprehensive approach to your dental care. This means we offer preventive services to help you avoid dental health issues and general dentistry to treat problems when they do arise.
Additionally, we treat patients of all ages.
Preventive dentistry is proactive, and it includes:
- Dental exams—x-rays as needed, oral cancer screenings, monitoring oral health changes between visits.
- Teeth cleanings—to get rid of the stubborn plaque and bacteria that lead to decay and disease
- Fluoride treatments and sealants—to strengthen teeth and help prevent cavities
Typically, the American Dental Association and your general dentist in White Bear Lake recommend twice-yearly preventive dentistry visits for best results. This varies if you have an underlying condition like periodontal disease.
General dentistry restores your oral health, and it includes:
- Treating cavities with tooth-colored fillings
- Performing root canal therapies to restore tooth health
- Restoring missing teeth when a tooth is lost
- Periodontal treatment
Your dentist and hygienist are always on the lookout for oral health changes or the early signs of periodontal disease, which is reversible in the earliest stage—gingivitis.
If you’re looking for quality general dentistry in White Bear Lake, or if you have questions, we would love to talk to you today.